Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter's Fool


There is hope for us.
Like we are placed in the middle of a minefield.
The heat beating down like an interrogation. 
We are devastated, finding a path amongst the dismembered,
remnants of the impatient that have gone before.
There must be a way from this dry death;
may we find it. 
There must be shelter from this scorched, parched land;
may we hide in it.
I don't know if it is your words, or the sound of your voice,
or just your presence that appeases me.
There is something about pain 
that stretches time and thins the memory.
Let me remember how I felt,
when those words entered my soul,
when the realisation blossomed like flowers in spring, bright and bold.
Let those words be like a healing salve over numerous wounds,
washing over softly, soothing.
Remind me how those words could save me,
like hope to a trapped man in a minefield,
You carried fools to safety.

- Daryl Goh

No comments:

Post a Comment